Thursday 28 May 2015

Quick Write Photo


ManuelToribio-THE%20FLIGHT[1].jpg


For writing we had to write a short story about this photo. This photo was taken in Auckland because there is the skytower in the background. We had to use paragraphs, complex sentences and short sharp sentences that had a noun and a verb. Here is my writing.

It all started as fun. I was with my brother and his friends. We were walking down the old jetty. I came up with the idea of playing truth or dare. It was my brothers turn. He had just been told to run around yelling ‘Hallelujah’. I was still lying on the rough wooden planks laughing my head off.

 I thought that my dare would be an easy one as I was his younger brother. My dare was to sprint off the jetty and into the green sea. I had decided I didn't want to. I backed away. My brother started calling me chicken. Then his friends joined in. They were chanting it now. If I had a time machine, I would rewind the time back to before I came up with the idea of truth or dare.

I wish this was a dream. I closed my eyes and opened them again. It wasn't a dream. Why had I chosen dare. I had to jump. I got ready to run.
I crouched. Gripped my hands firmly to the ground and counted to ten.

One, two, three, four, five. My throat was dry, my heart pounded, my legs shook. Was I ready to go? Six, seven, eight, nine. Well I had to. I had counted to nine now. One second to go. The butterflies had started. I said ten very slowly, it took me five seconds to say it.

Boom. My legs started moving without me even noticing. I was moving faster and faster. My body knew what to do now. I suddenly crouched and sprang into the air. Was I going to make it into the water? I had never thought of this. Would a boat turn up and I would splat onto the fishy floor.

I was flying. My arms out beside me as if I was a bird. I definitely was going to make it into the water. I was whooshing down, closer and closer to the water. I hit something. It was cold. I went right through it. I knew exactly what it was.

By Henrietta Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment