Wednesday 18 November 2015

Powerless Writing

For writing we have been doing a quick write on the video 'Powerless'. We had to use special writing features.(Listed below). Here is my writing/ video link. 
  1. very short sentence.
  2. Start your sentence with an AAWWUBBIS (Opener sentence)
  3. Ly start – Start a sentence with a ly adverb.
  4. Em – dash. A dash is used to set off information in a sentence with dramatic flair.
  5. The subject sentence. Start your sentence with the subject. (Interrupter)
The fairy.
Kerplonk. Quickly I turn round and find my friend  trapped under a fallen  tree. 
I panic. I fly round and round until I become very dizzy. When I finally recover from being dizzy, I look round for someone to help. I pass tree by tree, until I find a glowing light.

I fly through the open window and I find an inventor snoring away. The whole room is decorated with his failed work. There, lying around the clutter, is his unfinished invention. A scrap metal, home materials, non powered robot.

I wonder how strong a robot could be. I fly into the robot and start it up. His car light eyes flash green. He is in my command- clinking and clunking along the path. He finally gets to fallen tree. He tries and tries to lift the tree, but is not strong enough.

Suddenly the inventor arrives, sees my friend and tries to help. With both of their strength combined they are just able to  let my friend come free. As she twirled into the dark sky, I leave the robot.  The poor robot clunks to the dirty ground - shaking, wiggling and wobbling.

“We must do something for the robot, he saved my life,” my friend says to me.
“How about we give him power. So he can live forever,” I told her.
When we have twirled back down to the ground, I sprinkle some of my magic onto him. He is now alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment