1.Book Title and Author: Ballet lessons for Lily written by Jan Astley
2. Main idea of story: Lily has to move to a different place because her dad got a job there so she has to miss her role in her ballets Easter Production [the Nutcracker].
3. Main characters in the story:Lily Miss Grill [first name is Amelia] and Bill.
4.Something unique and interesting about the story that readers to know:In the story people tell rumours about the lady next door to Lily, that the lady next door is a witch who hates children.
BODY PARAGRAPH 1-PLOT
1. Main idea of story: If you hear about someone and it doesn’t sound true try to meet them and find out who they really are.
2.Where does the story take place:In a place called Meretown
3.When does the story take place: The story takes place in present day.
4.Something unique about the time in which the story takes place and how it affects the characters: It is Easter so ballet productions are on.
BODY PARAGRAPH 2-CHARACTERS
1. Main characters of the story: Lily Miss Grill [first name is Amelia] Bill.
2. What are the relationships like between characters in the story: Bill and Lily are friends and Miss Grill is Lily’s neighbour.
3. Does something important or meaningful to the story happen to a or between characters? Describe it in one sentence: Lily got to meet someone she never knew before.
BODY PARAGRAPH 3-REVIEW
1. Favorite part of the story and why: My favorite part is when Lily has lessons with Miss Grill because I like ballet.
2. What do you think about the way it was written? That the story is for 6-9 year olds.
3. Do you think other kids would enjoy this story and why? I don’t think many kids would enjoy this story unless they had an interest in ballet.
1. Was the story entertaining, educational, amusing,etc… and why? The story was entertaining because I liked how a person who did ballet taught a child ballet.
2. Why did you enjoy/ not enjoy reading this story? I enjoyed this story because Lily had a main part in her ballet production and I’ve always wanted a main part in my ballet production.
3. Would you recommend other kids to read this story? I would recommend other kids interested in ballet to read this book.